Friday, December 30, 2011

My weight gain journey Oct 13th 2011

I've been battling my weight since I was a teenager. Being a skinny kid before that, always below the growth curve, smallest of my class etc. My Dad got sick when I was 10 and my Mom hit a depression, the healthy meals I was used to began turning into McDonalds and packaged meals, even dairy queen for dinner at times! 


Up to 150 lbs I went. 


As a teenager I slimmed back down having to walk all over town, being social, then I got a car when I was 20 and it all went downhill from there! 


Back up to 160 lbs


My Dad died and I went into Nursing school in 2000 thinking I'd get healthy running around like Nurses do. No such luck! I got a job at Sick Kids Hospital in 2003 and lo and behold! When you help a child, inevitably their family owns a bakery! Or at least lives beside one! On more weight went. 


190 lbs now. 


In 2005 I met another Nurse who had had some success with Dr. B's diet. Expensive though it was, and as little food you were allowed, it gave results! Fast! I lost 35 lbs. I felt great! Was fitting into skinnier clothes again, had more energy etc. Then I ran out of money. Since they don't teach you how to eat properly, as soon as you start eating again, you gain weight. Insidiously the pounds crept back up. My mom, who was always a sedentary person and over weight, had a stroke, I moved in with her to be a help. By 2008 the weight was back.


185 lbs again


In 2008 I began dating my best friend of 20 years, my now husband. I gained another 20 lbs out of happiness and date food!


205 lbs.


We had our first daughter in January of 2009! I fell down the stairs when I was 8 months pregnant, injuring my pelvis and ankle irrevocably. Being immobile and home alone with a baby I gained again.


230 lbs!!!!


When she was 6 months old I decided again I had to do something. I joined weight watchers!


I lost almost 20 lbs then I had more health problems and had to have surgery. Not long after that baby number 2 was on the way! It was a difficult pregnancy and I found myself once again immobile with a toddler running around.


In April 2011 our second beautiful daughter was born! With the state my body was in and being cooped up with 2 kids all day long, instead of losing baby weight, I gained. 6 months after Zaryah was born, I am now closer to 300 lbs than to 200. My weight loss goal just a few years ago of 50 lbs, has now ballooned to 111 lbs!!!


As of yesterday, I weighed 251 lbs. Unbelievable.


So here I am. determined not to end up like my mother. Determined to get this weight off once and for all! I have to. I can't let my kids relive my life. I can't relive my mother's life. This is do or die.


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment