Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflecting on 2011. December 28th 2011

The first 10 months of the year were focused on being pregnant and recovering from that. So this blog is going to focus more on my weight loss achievements for the last 2 months of the year. I've lost 20 pounds and 9 inches since Oct 11th 2011! 


My secrets to success this time are:


1. Tracking! Religiously! Everything I eat gets tracked. Even the cheats. I'm only lying to myself. Having the iphone app is a huge plus as well!


2. Everything is about points, I use the recipe builder for every meal that I make. It's really an awesome thing! I'm really good at lowering the points values of recipes and most of the time my family doesn't even notice! 


3. Portion control. I measure everything. Right down to the milk in my coffee (if I have 3 coffee's it's a whole serving of dairy! I like a lot of milk in my coffee) and the brown sugar in my oatmeal.


4. Exercise. I try to get 30 minutes of something everyday. Or at least an hour on the treadmill 3 times a week. WW's has figured out that I should be earning 14 activity points a week. Only 2 points a day. I got a WW's pedometer that tracks activity points in my stocking. I'm already half way to a point and all I did was clean up some! 


5. I have the right mindset. This is my second attempt at WW's, last time I lost 15 pounds in 8 months and gave up. Baby #2 was in the back of my mind and I knew I would just gain the weight back again. I was half hearted in my attempt at weight loss. This time, we are done having kids (baby #2 is 8 months old :) and I want to be healthy for them growing up. I know if I keep on track I'll get there faster!


6. I have a great support system. My hubby is my cheering section and I discuss everything with him. Even down to what I weigh, every mini goal, every non-scale victory, every gain and even when I fall off the wagon. He helps me climb right back up. My sister is also doing weight watchers with me. It's nice to have someone to go to meeting with.


7. Try new foods. I've really used the find and explore section of this website! A few new favorites are from here! I got a new recipe book called "Eat this, not that" that gives restaurant examples and recipes that compare but are much healthier. I'm looking forward to some good food there!


8. Attend meetings, not just weigh in. For me it's a new start every week. Every week I have something to work towards and it keeps me accountable. Even if it's just the fact of not wanting to be embarrassed if I gain weight instead of losing it that keeps me going! My sister and I are pretty vocal in the meetings too :).


9. Accept that little loses add up to a big loss over time. I celebrate every 0.2 pounds lost and speak up at meetings about it. I get a Bravo sticker at the meeting every week that I'm down. I have 9 of them already and I've only been going for 11 weeks :) Not too shabby!


10. In times where I've not done so well. I accept it as a failure and move right on. One bad meal, day, week does not mean I have to quit. Just get back on plan. Tomorrow is a new day and a whole new set of points :).

No comments:

Post a Comment