Friday, December 30, 2011

Scratch that! I enjoyed Christmas! December 26th 2011

I just read my last blog. Written about 3 weeks ago. Ya right! I decided that I was not on a diet and I shouldn't have to deprive myself this time of the year. I didn't go hog wild, but I didn't track either. I did drink alcohol, 4 pints of strongbow at the bar on friday night. I did eat finger foods at a family gathering on Christmas Eve and ate snacks at Disney on Ice with my 2 year old daughter. Christmas day, I had a big breakfast, ate lots of veggies with my mother-in-laws amazing (full of fat) veggie dip, plus more alcohol. I was not very hungry for dinner yesterday, so I had some veggies and turkey (with gravy) and very little mashed potatoes. No dessert. 


After all of the **** I've had over the last 3 days, I feel bloated. I weighed myself this morning and I'm up. I'm ok with that. If this is going to be a long term thing, I'm going to have to allow myself to indulge every once in a while! I love the appetizers and the desserts and the alcohol, the big dinner and the chocolates in my stocking! I'm not going to give that all up for the rest of my life! So I ate and ate and ate. Now (after one more family celebration this evening), I'm going to climb back on the wagon and keep going. Without guilt over the weight gained at tomorrow's weigh-in. It'll come off next week once my body recovers from the shock!


Back to the beginning of my blog, I've not had time to blog about the past weeks achievements! I've been running ragged getting ready for Christmas!


At the beginning of december I stopped breastfeeding my baby girl. my daily points went down by 7 and I gained 0.4 pounds that week. The next week I was down 4 pounds! Once my body was over the shock of stopping breastfeeding all was well! Then last week, I wasn't able to exercise as much so I was only down 0.8. Over all my December total will still be in the negative category so I'm happy the way it's turning out. 


Merry Christmas everyone! Here's to having a good time then getting back on the wagon. Just as we should be doing. Living! Not just dieting!

No comments:

Post a Comment