Friday, December 30, 2011

Two weeks down! October 26th 2011

Well I'm down 9.2 pounds in 2 weeks! I lost 3.2 pounds yesterday at WI! I know it won't keep dropping like this, but it's nice to get a good head start, maybe it'll keep me motivated to keep going once things slow down! 


I'm getting used to tracking points and getting the veggies and fruit in. I notice on the days when I don't eat as much veggies and fruit, the scale doesn't move! (I know, I'm not supposed to weigh myself daily, but it keeps me going seeing some progress!). I haven't been exercising yet, I have bad joints and old injuries that are exacerbated by the extra weight, plus, I threw my back out while holding my puking daughter last week :/ I figure when I've lost some I'll start walking and my goal is to get a gym membership when I'm done my mat leave and am back to work in April. I should have lost enough by then that I'll be able to move a bit easier!


I am having a hard time eating all of my points though, I'm a breastfeeding mom and I eat quite a bit! Most days I end up with 10 points or more left after dinner and fight with myself to cover as many of those points before bed. So I think I really have to start planning out what I'm going to eat for the day and spread them out more evenly, and eat a bigger lunch, I know I'm a bad lunch eater, and that's a hard habit to break! I'm allergic to milk, or the lactic acid in milk, I get bad skin reactions if I have too much dairy. I have been drinking lactose free skim milk hot with vanilla, cinnamon and half a sweetener. I''m addicted to them now and that at least covers a couple of points here and there. I'm just waiting to make sure I don't have a reaction...


Wow this post has ended up a little fragmented! I confess I'm a tad sleepy writing this, I'm up at 6:00 this morning because of back pain. :( But I'm motivated even though I'm feeling crappy! Kids are healthy again (knock on wood!), I have some yummy steel cut oats with brown sugar just waiting to be eaten this morning and best of all, my husband and I are going out on a much needed date night tonight! I'll post another time about how wonderful and supportive my husband is later, I'm hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment