Friday, December 30, 2011

Yesterday! December 11th 2011

Yesterday was a big day for me. I'd been planning for days for this day. My first Christmas dinner of the season! I've been OP all week and the scale looks promising so far, so I didn't want to ruin it! 


I had oatmeal and fruit for breakfast and drank a lot of water. Went out with my sister shopping and had a skinny cinnamon dolce creme from Starbucks (yum!) then had fast food for lunch. We walked into Mr Greek thinking it'd be easy to track. Before getting in line we pulled out our iphones and looked up the restaurant on the Weight Watchers app. Holy cow! Then we walked out and went to subway and ate sensibly! Major victory for both of us there! 


I came home and had another snack then we went to our friends. There was fun, there was food, there was alcohol. I brought a bottle of sparkling cranberry water for myself to drink and everyone there knows I'm on weight watchers and doing well so I didn't feel I had to hide anything. I avoided all the appy's and loaded my dinner plate with veggies and a good portion of ham and turkey breast. I did have a small serving of mashed potatoes and gravy and a little bit of dessert that I shared with my daughter. One thing that helped me to not overeat, my 8 month old was crabby and needed to be held, so my hubby and I took turns eating, once I was satisfied I just kept the baby and let him eat. First time in a long time I wasn't totally stuffed and aching after turkey dinner!


This morning I stepped on the scale like I always do and I'm down from yesterday!


Success! Yay me! Now I'm empowered to follow the same plan at my next 2 Christmas dinners, Christmas day and Boxing day. Post Christmas weigh-in is December 27th (boo) and I so don't want to gain! Especially since I've worked so **** hard this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment