Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking back. And forward.

Reflecting on 2012 I'm really proud of myself.  I stuck to plan and lost 60 pounds.  SIXTY POUNDS!  In a year!  How amazing is that!  For a total of 80 pounds!  I still don't believe it sometimes! 

Yes I did fight for every pound lost, but really it was easy.  I incorporate veggies and fruit in my day, lots of water and an eating routine with lots of snacks, I never let myself get hungry.  I let myself have treats when I crave them.  When I started this revolution I promised myself it would be sustainable.  I didn't want to have to eliminate anything because I knew that I would just gain the weight back when I started eating it again.  If I were to lose weight, it had to be in a fashion that I could keep on for the rest of my life.  Not a diet, a lifestyle change (pardon the cliche, but really, it does work!)  My lifestyle change is to eat right most of the time and have treats when I want them, some of the time.  There have been a few times this past year where I've had to curb the snacking, but I was able to.  And I kept my weight loss moving.  


Here's a comparison pic from January 1st 2012 to January 1st 2013.  I'm not too happy with what the lighting does to my stomach, but my husband wasn't enthused with the idea of taking a thousand pics!  This pic also tells me I need some new tank tops.  All of the tanks in my current wardrobe are way too big!


I can't help but critique myself still.  Ugh!  I hope the last 20 some-odd
pounds come off my waist!

I took my measurements again today and I'm pleased!

Since       Nov 4th        Jan 1st 2012       Start

Lt arm       +0.5"             -4"                    -5"
Rt arm       -1.0"              -4.5"                -5.5"
Bust           -0.5"             -8.25"              -9.75
Waist         -1.0"             -12"                  -15.5
Hips           -1.0"             -9"                   -12.5
Lt thigh      -1.0"             -5.25"               -6.25"
Rt thigh      -0"                -4.25"               -5.25"
Lt calf        -0.25"            -2.75"              -3.25"
Rt calf        -1.0"             -3"                   -3.5"

Total          -5.25"            -53"                 -66.5"

Some of those number are just unbelievable!  

The last few years I've had big milestones that make that year significant. 

2008 I "met" (my best friend of 20 some odd years) my soul mate, Tom. 

2009 I gave birth to our first child, Lara. 
2010 Tom and I were married
2011 I gave birth to our second child, Zaryah.  I also started my revolution!
2012 I lost 60 pounds for a total of 80 pounds lost
2013 will signify a changed life!  I'll reach goal and be the person I've always wanted to be!

I have quite a few goals I want to achieve this year.  I'm so proud of myself for losing obesity and there are so many things I couldn't have done a year ago.  There's really no reason why I can't do all of these.  After all,  my motto is "I someone else did it on their own merit, so can I!"  I'm so excited for this year and all it will bring!  It's going to be fantastic!

In 2013 I'd like to...


-Lose 27.6 pounds (doesn't sound so hard ;)

-Donate 107.4 pounds of food to the local food bank when I reach my goal
-Ride a bike
-Run a 5k
-Go hiking
-Have a breast reduction
-Wear single digit clothing
-Go on a roller coaster
-Be more active, find my niche? (Once Physio clears me of course)

-Buy a new vehicle 
-Track daily
-Blog daily
-Be more organized
-Climb 40 creek
-Go on a shopping spree
-Get a "professional" after photo done
-Get off all medication
-Buy a bra at Victoria's Secret


I don't know why I didn't figure this out before...  I can use the "print" button to make my tracker "copy and paste" friendly!  This is so much easier!  My snacks are lumped in there with the meals though.  I wish we could change that.





PointsPlus™ Tracker entries

Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Morning
1  medium orange(s)
0
1  serving(s) oikos fat free Greek yogurt
2
1  cup(s) grapes
0
breakfast
7
Subtotal9
Midday
2  large egg(s)
4
1/2 medium green pepper(s)
0
1  serving(s) piller's extra lean black forest ham
1
1  serving(s) shredded cheddar cheese
3
1  medium banana(s)
0
Subtotal8
Evening
1  cup(s) English cucumber(s)
0
1/2 medium green pepper(s)
0
1  serving(s) greek feta and oregano dressing
1
1/2 Chicken with Broccoli and Garlic Sauce
2
1 1/2 Chicken flavoured rice
5
Subtotal8
Anytime
1  serving(s) triscuit thin crisps Parmesan garlic
2
1  serving(s) pc blue menu light marble cheese 30g
2
Subtotal4
Food PointsPlus values total used29
Food PointsPlus values remaining0

3 comments:

  1. Those are some amazing goals, and are inspiring me to work on listing mine out.

    As for the weight loss, those numbers really are insane. You've done so well, and I totally understand how difficult it can be. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a surreal thing thinking that I can do those things! Many of them I would never have been able to do a year ago!

      Delete
  2. You look FANTASTIC! And you're on a roll with the good years! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete